Whilst travelling RTW with my polo bike, it’s been important to travel light, yet still make sure I have all the essential tools to build / break down my bike or fix majority of problems, either by the road or court side.
This is currently what essential tools I have in my kit…
Left to right:
- Carhartt mini foot pump – best pump ever!
- Pedal spanner with a 15 and 14mm socket wrench.
- 8mm crank allen key also fits axel bolts on my rear Hope hub.
- Cable cutters – normally carry a spare brake cable too, but just recently used it.
- Adjustable wrench. TBH I don’t need this for my bike, but someone court side always does.
- Park Tool allen key set.
- Cosmic stickers – always need to be ready to sticker bomb!
- Schwalbe 26″ inner tube.
- Hockey and electrical tape. Good for mallet grips, cable ends, medical tape and holding all sorts of things together in an emergency.
- Two metal tyre levers.
- Spoke key – normally carry some spare spokes too.
- Chain splitter.
- Paul Comp. 15mm wrench with bottle opener. Used to tighten Motolite brake springs and of course open a fresh beer court side.
- Spare USB chargeable front light.
I also carry a tiny snap closer bag containing spare washers, spoke nipples, brake parts and chain links.
All these items fit into just one triangle frame bag, so I always have the necessary tool to hand.
What tools do you carry?